Thursday, February 4, 2010

Welcome Home, Rory!

She's here. Our little 8-lb, Austraillian Cattle Dog / Labrador Retreiver baby girl has come home. It was an intersting trip home. We got her 2 days earlier than we thought we would, so I had to wait while she got her last shot and a bath. Then, on the drive home, she shook, cried, peed and pooped in her cage. My whole car stunk of puppy poop.

Once I got her inside, she got some quick hugs and kisses from me, Mike, and our friends Jeremiah and Shannon, who were over visiting, then she went into her pen. I had to put her in her bed for her to understand what that was for, then she curled up with a squeaky toy plush bone, and fell asleep.

When Nate woke up and AJ came home from school, she got her first at-home experience with the boys. First, we had them talk to her in her pen and let her get used to them.

We took her outside at least every hour to go potty. Most times, she made it. Sometimes, we were too late. That's okay - it's a new skill. We worked on a little training, although she was easily distracted in her new surroundings, so I didn't push it. Not bad for a first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment